Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Hubs

My first post had one (intentional) glaring omission: the husband. We've been married since 2006 and I'm not gonna lie. It's been pretty awesome. He's a geeky guy and he's my best bud. Sometimes we still stay up at night talking and laughing, like it's a middle school sleepover, except we usually have work in the morning (lame).

Anyway, I wanted to give The Hubs his own post because he deserves a bajillion fist bumps from everyone, all the time.

You see, he's the cool, best friend, understanding, supportive hubby type and he always has been... 




...and I will be forever thankful to have him in my life.

When I had my first and worst RA flare, he was there with me every day. For the first week, I was crippled. I couldn't do anything on my own. He had to help me eat and drink because my hands couldn't do the job. He helped me to and in the restroom. He bathed me. There were entire days I don't remember because I spent them sleeping, moaning with the pain, wet with sweat from fevers. For months, he took me to dozens of doctors visits where I gave my blood but we were given no answers. He's been with me every day, holding my hand and supporting me 100%. He's done the research. He's helped me remember my medication. He knows more about me than I do.

I feel I will never be able to express my thanks, but I'll spend the rest of our lives trying.


Aaaand now that the train is stuck in Serious Town, here's a picture of The Hubs the time he shook a container of Parmesan and didn't realize the top was open. 


Boom. Back to the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment